Anyone else feel like September snuck up on us? It’s almost October, and I’m having a hard time remembering how exactly half the month of September flew by. In fact, lately, I feel like my memory is just not where it was a few years ago. I feel like my mind’s in a haze. There are many reputable studies that have found that our memory slowly diminishes as we get older. It’s just a natural part of aging. But did you know that your diet and habits can help curb memory loss and keep you sharp for a very long time?
The following are some bad habits that hinder your memory and cognition:
1. High fat diets - studies show that eating a diet rich of high-fat foods can impair cognitive function.
2. Smoking - there is a studied link between nicotine and memory loss. In fact, smoking cigarettes doubles a person's chance of developing Alzheimer's.
3. Poor sleeping hours - insufficient sleep patterns have been linked to both poor short-term memory and poor performance on memory tasks.
4. Lack of exercise - exercise can actually modify the volume of your hippocampus (which stores/forms memories) during adulthood.
5. Not supplementing DHA - Our bodies naturally produce DHA, the omega-3 fatty acid that is one of the most important building blocks of our brain. DHA is proven to support memory. A growing number of studies show a strong correlation between the intake of DHA, and cognitive function, visual acuity, and overall brain development. However, over time, our body’s DHA naturally decreases. Therefore, it is extremely important to supplement DHA.
With this knowledge in hand, I undertook a personal goal to work on my memory. I exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, don’t smoke, and usually get adequate sleep. Something was still missing. DHA! I have started using AMS Naturals’ Memory Support Formula supplement which contains all-natural, vegetarian DHA and DHEA. Fairly new and ongoing research is showing how beneficial these two ingredients are for people. Finally, a science-supported solution, I am stoked!
Even small doses of DHA have been shown to reduce amnesia while improving long-term memory. I’ve tried the Memory Support Formula for one week, and I already feel sharper and more alert. My memory feels crisp, and I don’t have to reach back into my mind to remember things, events, and people. When I try to recall data, the information is there for me. I don’t feel like I’m thinking in a cloud anymore. I feel alive, awake, and fast. Treat yourself to this same privilege by trying the Memory Formula, and avoid the bad habits that keep your brain in a fuzz.